Planning a wedding is an excited joyous time for the couple but it can be overwhelming and stressful too. Here is a simple timeline on what should be done starting from a year out to help keep it manageable and minimize the stress.
1 year before wedding
- Announce your engagement to friends and family.
- Choose a wedding style, formality, and set a tentative date.
- Select your bridal party and start a provisional guest list that you can continue to add and revise as needed.
- Select ceremony site and reserve your officiant.
- Shop for your wedding dress as it can take months to arrive as time for fittings and adjustments
- Search for wedding vendors
9 months before
- Select and order grooms and attendants attire
- Finalize all wedding vendors and secure your date with a deposit
- Finalize your guest list and order you invitations.
6 months before
- Meet with florist and select bouquets and floral arrangements.
- Meet with all vendors to finalize orders and reservations.
- Order you wedding cake
- Begin doing research on marriage license and blood tests.
- Meet with both sets of parents to coordinate their attire.
- Address and send out your invitations and announcements.
- Arrange for final fittings.
- Order wedding favors, bridal party gifts and other wedding accessories (champagne flutes, cake knife, etc)
2 months before
- Make an appointment with a makeup artist for a trial.
- Finalize last minute fittings.
- Schedule an appointment with beautician for wedding day hair styles for yourself and your wedding party.
- Start gathering your RSVP’s
- Assign a friend or family member to be your wedding assistant for the day of the wedding to help with special photos and songs.
1 month before
- Confirm all ceremony and reception plans
- Finalize rehearsal dinner.
- Go over songs with DJ or band.
- Create seating arrangements for the reception
- Start taking care of name changes, address changes, etc.
1-2 days before
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Make payment envelopes for each vendor and give them to your wedding day assistant.
- Compile a list of numbers with each vendor
- Confirm flight for honeymoon
The Big Day- Wedding Day
- Get your hair and makeup done early
- Make sure you get enough to eat and drink
- Relax and enjoy this very special day
Aloha from your friends at Hawaiian Wedding Place where you can find all you need for you Tropical Wedding.